Columbus, North Carolina
Panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains provide an amazing backdrop for this stunning 2 story Arts and Crafts home. Rich with style and clean cut lines, the 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath sits on over 18 acres with established pastures, hardwood trees and mature landscaping. 3 stall barn contains tack room with washer and dryer, wash rack and feed room. Each stall has a separate fenced paddock and pasture attached. There is nothing like having your own 230’x 96’ riding ring in your backyard with mountain views! Set in an equestrian community and on the FETA trail system, this is a horse lovers paradise.
Enter through a full glass door with opening side panes into the foyer where you are welcomed with reclaimed, warm oak floors and stained trim detailing. Sunlight pours in from the abundance of windows and French doors. The living room is open to both the kitchen and dining room for easy entertaining. A large field stone fireplace with antique wood mantle is the focal point of the room. Built in cabinets with shelves abut on both sides.
No attention to detail has been spared throughout the home including in the kitchen. High end stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and custom alder cabinets grab your attention. A large kitchen island splits the dining room from the kitchen increasing storage, food prep area and serving space when hosting dinners.
Have your pick of a master suite as all 3 bedrooms are comfortably sized with generous windows, amazing bathrooms and walk in closets! An upper level den, main level office, large laundry/mudroom room and beautiful screened porch round out the space.
A freestanding, handicap accessible apartment sits just beside the main house. This 1 bedroom, 1 bath has built in bookcases and a custom tiled walk in shower.
- Classic and custom, Arts & Crafts-style cabinetry, trim, woodwork and fixtures adorn the entire home.
- Antique oak floors throughout enhance the warmness of the space.
- Windows abound filling the home with natural light.
- Hand crafted staircase with custom hand rail.
- Living room (19×13) features a large field stone fireplace with antique wood mantle has been pre-fitted to convert to gas. French doors lead to lovely outdoor stone patio with traditional craftsman’s style pergola.
- Kitchen (17×10) equipped with stainless steel appliances…Sub-Zero refrigerator, DCG 4 burner gas range with center grill and dishwasher. Plenty of storage in the alder custom cabinets, center island and sizable pantry. Granite countertops and built in wine rack.
- From the comfortable dining area (12×15), the screened in porch is ideal for relaxing after a long day and taking in the mountain views.
- Conveniently off of the kitchen is a large mudroom & laundry area (12×8) with half bath. Additional cabinets for storage, sink and dog wash shower.
- Beautiful bedroom (14×15) with 2 walls of windows, ample sized closet and ceiling fan. Connected to the room is a stunning bath with intricate wall tile work, sandstone counter, heat light, jetted tub and separate shower.
- Office (15×11) has built in cabinets, shelves and desk with reclaimed oak floors.
- After stepping into the large landing area (19×6), a cozy den (19×12) stands out with 4 oversized windows, fabulous mountain views, and Arts & Crafts ceiling fan. Extended chimney prepped for wood or gas stove connection.
- Bedroom (15×15) has oak flooring, built in bench and 2 walls of windows leaving the space fresh and open.
- Connecting bath features sandstone counters, custom tile work on floor, European style shower & walls, built in bench, heat light and walk in closet.
- 2nd bedroom (16×14) has all of the features of the 1st suite including oak floor, windows and a private bathroom getaway with sandstone counters, lovely tile, heat lamp and European style shower.
- Covered wrap around porch.
- Full unfinished attic.
- Half unfinished basement.
- 12 KW propane back up generator.
- Fire alarm system.
- Built in antenna system.
- Audio speakers on both levels.
- Iron and granite water filtration system.
- The lovely guest house is equipped with wide doors, open floor plan, full kitchen and handicap accessible bathroom. A separate attached storage area is on the right of the house.
- 3 12×12 stalls with mats on floor and walls. Each stall has a separate fenced paddock and pasture attached.
- Tack room with cabinetry, washer & dryer and large sink.
- Wash rack with hot and cold water.
- Hay/feed room with additional hay loft storage above.
- Separate shavings storage.
- 12×24 equipment storage area.
- A 230 x 96 fenced riding arena sits in a pastoral setting with mountain views.
Additional Exterior Features
- Year round 180 degree views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Immediate access to FETA trail system.
- Private road with only four homes in the community.
- Bordered on one side by Conservancy land.
- 7 acres of crossed fenced pastures.
- 5 acres of unfenced mature pasture, suitable for hay or turnout.
- All underground utilities.
- 8 miles from Tryon International Equestrian Center.
- 5 miles to state-of-the-art Tryon Equine Hospital and Still Creek Farm Aqua Rehab Center.