Columbus, NC 28722
Think Spectacular Sunsets – SOLD
And enjoying them on the covered porch of this luxury “Southern Living” home. The spacious casual living is centered in the kitchen & family spaces. Quality construction and attention to detail define this home. Features include an elegant dining room, fireplace in den, grand main floor master suite, 2-story great room w/ wood-burning stove, Tiger Maple cabinets, Hickory floors, antique doors, custom crown molding and built-in cabinets. A charming stone 2BR/2BA guest house with large kitchen, formal dining room and living room is perfect for company, in-laws or income revenue. The 45 x 36 Morton garage/shop can easily be converted to a 4+ stall barn with room for tack, feed and wash rack. There is also a 3-bay utility shed for farm equipment. All these features on 26 acres make this ideal for an equestrian property.
- Southern Living floorplan – William Poole Architect
- Hardiboard and Stone Veneer exterior
- 4700+ sq ft
- Architectural Roof
- 90 ft Covered Front Porch
- Covered rear porch and outside deck for entertaining.
Interior – Main Level
- Foyer – Antique front door opens to a grand 2-story foyer with Travertine marble inlaid into Hickory floors.
- Dining Room – The elegant dining room has custom crown molding & chair rail, Hickory floors, and glass pocket doors with transom window.
- Great Room – The spacious 2-story great room features a tongue & groove pine ceiling, custom built-ins, stacked stone fireplace w/woodstove insert, 8 ft double rear doors, a high Palladian window for light.
- Kitchen – The gourmet kitchen has a farmhouse sink, custom Tiger Maple cabinetry with granite counters, stainless appliances, a walk-in pantry with antique daisy glass door, Hickory floors, and pot lights.
- Breakfast Room – The light-filled breakfast room is open to the kitchen and Keeping Room.
- Keeping Room – This is a casual space with plenty of windows, a powder room and 2nd stairway to the 2nd floor Family room.
- Den – The cozy den features Brazilian Cherry floors, custom wainscoting and a wood-burning fireplace with custom fireplace mantle.
- Powder Room Two– The second powder room is off the master hallway foyer and features an antique cabinet vanity.
- Laundry Room/Mud Room – The spacious laundry room has a full counter with sink, and room for a full washer & dryer. It leads out to the front porch for easy cleanup.
- The Master Suite – The spacious master suite has Hickory floors, 10 ft ceilings, Plantation shutters and a door to the back porch. The large walk-in closet has custom cabinets and shelving. The master bath features custom Tiger Maple cabinets with granite counters, jetted tub and glassed, walk-in shower of porcelain tile.
Interior – Upper Level
- Upstairs Master Bedroom – A large bedroom with dormers has a bathroom and sitting room right off the upstairs landing.
- Family Room – A large bonus space with stairs leading to the kitchen is perfect guest/flex space for whatever is needed.
- Secret Room – This room can be an office space or exercise room. The bookshelf door is what makes it a “secret”.
- Guest bedrooms – The two large guest bedrooms have 9 ft ceilings and a shared Jack & Jill bathroom.
- Storage Room – Unheated storage space is perfect for all those holiday decorations.
- The remodeled 2BR/2BA stone guest house features a large kitchen with breakfast area and separate laundry room, formal dining room, large living room and large central hall. The upstairs attic space could be converted to additional living space. Great for in-laws, farm managers quarters or rental potential.
- 180° long range mountain views
- 45’ x 36’ Morton Garage/shop with finished room for office or tack.
- 3-bay equipment storage shed
- Convenient location amongst the horse farms of the Collinsville area.
- 26+ acres with pasture, woods, and creek. Plenty of room to expand into an equestrian facility or a hobby farm.
- Just 15 minutes to Tryon NC or Landrum SC and 10 minutes to the Tryon International Equestrian Center.